Serve Jesus on camps and in schools as you get prepared for lifetime of ministry
The Summit Program (School Camps) – 2 Year Internship
A Summit Program trainee combines their passion for working with kids in the great outdoors with a job which has eternal significance.
It is a two-year ministry training program which equips young people for a lifetime of ministry. For over 30 years, CRU Educational Camps (previously known as Summit) has been training young adults in biblical theology, practical leadership and youth ministry skills as well as outdoor education. The Summit Program is a fantastic opportunity to receive professional training, develop skills in Christian ministry and most importantly, share the Gospel with around 9,000 school students each year!
What does a Summit Program trainee do?
• Lead on approximately 30 to 35 residential school camps per year (mostly 3-day camps), running all outdoor activities as well as Christian discovery sessions
• Get trained in outdoor education with a formal qualification – Certificate II and Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation
• Develop theological knowledge through subjects in Moore College’s PTC
A Schools Ministry Associate builds ongoing relationships with high school students through school visits, school events and on camps. They support these students through the high school years, encouraging them to follow Jesus and grow in Him.
Associates are based with Crusaders’ Schools Ministry team and focus on independent school students in years 6-12. This will primarily involve visiting high school Christian groups, chapel services and CRU events; leading on schools’ Summit Educational Camps; and leading on a high school CRU Holiday Camp each school holidays.
What does a Schools Ministry Associate do?
• Share the gospel with thousands of teenagers
• Help disciple young people in schools and on camps
• Get trained for a lifetime of faithful Bible teaching through Cornhill Sydney and at Crusaders
• Work alongside other passionate Christians in a dynamic, caring team
Get paid to be trained!
• All positions receive a training allowance package as well as board and meals while on camp
• There is no charge for all the training received
Video: Helen and Matt share their experience working for CRU
Applications open in August for January commencement.
Interviews and Summit Program volunteer camps take place during terms 3 and 4 prior to a January commencement. The Summit Program also has a mid-year intake of trainees.
APPLY HERE NOW
- Fill in our online application form here (you can save and return later if necessary)
- Attach any relevant documents (cover letter, resume, qualifications)
- Once you hit ‘submit’ it will automatically be forwarded to us
- If you have any issues please contact email@example.com