Since 1930, we have made the Gospel our priority, working tirelessly, with God’s help, to ensure that young people have the opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus.
See the stories of lives transformed by God through Crusaders here.
Advance the Gospel
- Fewer than 10% of Australian school-aged students attend church with any regularity (NCLS). Crusaders’ school and camping programs connect with kids ‘where they are at’, reaching over 2,500 kids each week with the Gospel message.
Financial Needs & Accountability
- We receive no ongoing government or denominational support and so rely on the generosity of individuals to raise 15% of our operating costs ($880,000) each year.
- We greatly value our generous supporters, channeling all donated funds into cost-effective projects. For more info download the Latest Annual Report.
Encourage Church Membership
- Our goal is to introduce kids to the Gospel and encourage them to explore their faith further by joining their local Bible-based church or youth group. Our CRU Holiday Camp surveys show that over 50% of campers decide to join their local youth group as a result of camp.
Focus on Independent Schools
- There are 5 million Australians under the age of 18. Around 33% attend independent/private schools. These schools are mostly open to a Crusader presence providing us with an incredible opportunity to reach and impact the future leaders of our nation for Christ.
- While our focus is on independent schools, it is not exclusively so. Students from a range of other places join us on holiday camps, use our campsites and are catered for on school camps. They come from government schools, DOCS, hospitals, community groups and even overseas schools.
Trusted by Donors for over 80 years
- For over 80 years Crusaders has been spending donation dollars wisely. As well as one-off donations to special projects, donors can also choose to give through debentures, bequests and our regular giving program (‘Crusader Friends’), which has been running for over 50 years.
Donor Privacy & Online Security
- We respect your privacy and do not pass on information to third parties.
- You can be confident that your online donation to Crusaders is secure.
- All donations over $2 given to “The Crusader Union of Australia Education Building Fund” are tax deductible.